Pemmi-Con is coming in less than a year. Here are things you can do to get started.
- Become a member! You can register now.
- Check out our stellar Guests of Honour and Toastmaster.
- Start making plans for cool things to see and do in Winnipeg.
- Volunteer. Pemmi-Con is non-profit and all-volunteer run.
- Tell your friends!
- Stay tuned for news and announcements.
From the Chairs
Thank you for entrusting us with the task of delivering a NASFiC to remember, the first hosted outside of the U.S. We are proud to welcome you to Canada’s heart: Winnipeg. Science Fiction has always been a mosaic of styles and types: alternate history, mystery, future worlds, apocalyptic, fantastic, military… and Canada has always been a mosaic of peoples from many parts of the globe. Pemmi-Con hopes to show you the mosaic that is First Nations, Metis and Canadian Science Fiction. And, maybe, just maybe, we could do a programme on making pemmican: dried meat which would be traditionally bison but could be moose, caribou, deer and even beef, pounded and then mixed with an equal amount of melted fat, and various berries; how to keep your hunger at bay when on the hunt for new things.
— Robbie Bourget & Linda Ross-Mansfield, Co-Chairs